COVID-19 Emergency Maintenance FAQs
Our current COVID-19 Maintenance Policy:
Emergency Work-Orders Only
Q: What are some examples of maintenance requests that are considered Emergency Repairs?
- Broken furnace or air conditioner.
- Ceiling or roof water leak.
- Fire or smoke damage.
- Gas smells or other noxious smells.
- Broken washing machine or dryer.
- Leaking tub, pipe, faucet or garbage disposal.
- Continuous water running.
- Sewage drain backup.
- Broken key in entry door.
- Burglary or forced entry into the apartment.
- Alleged Mold growth.
- Stove or refrigerator not operating.
- Toilet not flushing or clogged.
- Power outage.
- No hot water.
- Leaking dishwater.
Q: How do I stay safe during an Emergency Repair?
- We advise the resident to go for a walk or confine themselves to a separate room while a maintenance technician works on the repair.
- Maintenance Technicians should wear the proper safety gear. This includes: gloves, a mask, and protective eye gear.
- Keep antibacterial wipes on hand, and wipe down any surfaces that are being touched before and after they are worked on.
Q: How do I stay safe while handling packages?
- Avoid direct contact with the delivery person
- Leave the package outside for a few hours and/or spray it with aerosol disinfectant before handling
- Dispose of all outer packaging immediately
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds or more
- Disinfect any high-touch surfaces you had contact with after handling
- Avoid touching your face, including your mouth, eyes, and nose
Q: Can maintenance offer remote assistance?
Answer: Yes! In certain cases, maintenance staff can use video calls as a way to better understand issues and assist remotely. Each resident and maintenance tech has preferred ways of doing this, and we suggest that you determine which resource to use on an individual basis. Some helpful mobile apps include: Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.
A great place to live! Have been here almost a year and have nothing but positive things to say. Repair orders are handled quickly and professionally. The fastest customer service of any place I have ever lived. The staff in the office are a true pleasure to deal with!- Jeff B, Google